Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Real Confessions of a Newfound College Girl

To My Dedicated Readers,
First off, I'd like to apologize for my lack of blogging for the past few months, I've been caught up in this hectic and fast-paced college life where I rarely have time to kick back and realize the everyday things I took for granted. I took my privacy held at home for granted, I took my full sized bed for granted, and I took the company of my loving family for granted. On another note I totally love my newfound freedom. I like how I can come back to my dorm in four in the morning and I don't have to worry about my punishments for the next month and a half. But anyways, the real message I wanted to present in this sad excuse for a blog is the content of peoples' character. How to trust someone in the world of academia, and completely trusting them to not screw you over.
Coming to college I came here with my bestfriend Jers, and to this day, he never ceases to amaze me with how much I can truly trust him. Going away to college has tested my communication skills, and to my surprise I've discovered in myself that I can verbally express myself better than I thought. I'm still exceptionally close with my bestfriends from highschool and I'm sure damn proud to admit that. With the use of technological advances such as video chatting and the ever-so-popular AIM, recapping the work-week has been easier than ever.
And here I go again with another ranting note. I never noticed how much I can care for a person unselfishly (if that could ever be proposed as a real word). I also never noticed how much the female sex can irritate my ears. No doubt I tolerate the people that live in my hall, but the onslaught of stupidity that runs through everyday jargon is so convolutedly dumb I think I might be losing brain cells. I missed the intellectual discussions I used to have with my fellow AVIDmates in the corner continent. I miss talking about things that actually have substance, and not talking to people that have foreign substances smoked, blazed, or drunken within them.

1 comment:

Traci said...

I have to say, Kathy, I love your writing style. I'm going to read your other post. I haven't been posting lately either, but maybe I will be more consistent now that winter break is here.

Hope you're doing well. Tell Jerry I said, "Hi," when next you see him, please.